Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pattern Testing

Yesterday I decided to try a new technique I saw on KnitandCrochetToday (on PBS Create) to change colors in a pattern.  Well, I don't have my own pattern so I decided to try making a simple design on my own:  A red stocking on a white background.  Easy, right?  Eh...


This is 10 rows in & 45 minutes after starting... only half done.  I'll definitely be using this to block a better pattern from it later.  If I ever get up the courage to try it again, haha.
...................................

The finished stocking cloth!:



It resembles a crunched "J" rather than a stocking.  The technique is cool, but I don't think I'll be listing lots of this design for a while.  At least not this year.  Maybe I can perfect the pattern for next year. 


**Don't forget about the giveway I'm hosting until Tonight, 12:00am EST! **
All you have to do is post a comment on the post, Giveaway, as your entry.  You can increase your chances to win by posting about my giveaway on your blog or on Facebook and leaving your link in another comment.  Good luck!

2 comments:

  1. It's cute, I think it looks like a stocking!! It looks like it would be hard to do too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely tricking. I think I would be able to get the hang of it fairly quickly, but I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy following this complex (to me) pattern. Thanks for your encouragement :) I still think it looks more like a weird "J" lol.

    ReplyDelete