Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Long Time Ago...

It was the beginning of the New Year (yes, sorry it took this long, haha) I had my first custom order to drop off to its new home.  And I took pictures before I handed them off just for the purpose of this post that never got written until now.  Better late than never, right?

So here they are:

One brim hat

& 4 Cuffs 
(2 for each person) to keep their wrists & hands warm :)  I like wearing mine a lot too.  It's a nice little change from the metal bangle everyone else wears.  Not to mention it's less noisy & not as cold in the winter.  Check them out in my shop, too!

2 comments:

  1. i bought circular needles how do you use them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Similar to double-point needles in that you are always knitting in one direction. But casting on & how you hold them is like using two normal needles.
    Cast onto one needle (as if it were a straight needle) the number of stitches you need. Then to start you slide the stitches around the cord so that the first stitch you cast on is on the other needle, ready to be worked. And you start knitting with the needle you original cast-on with because those stitches are sliding around to the other needle to make way for the first row of stitches.
    In my case, I cast on the right needle, slide stitches down the cord to the left needle & use my right needle to work the stitches; thus my new stitches or first row would be on the right needle sliding down onto the cord on their way to the left needle.
    I'll see if I can find a video on YouTube that describes it well. I hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete