& The Do's & Don'ts of Photography, which have plenty of inspiration for me. I want to challenge myself more in my photography as well as my subject matter (or at least how I see it). These "rules" are my favorites for future attempting & inspiration:
- Do something old in a new way
- Do something new in an old way
- Do something new in a new way, Whatever works… works
- Do it sharp, if you can’t, call it art
- Do fifty of them — you will definitely get a show
- Do it big, if you cant do it big, do it red
- Look at everything — stare
The Don’ts*but I have to argue that I would DEFINITELY try hand coloring it (I love this look in old photo albums), writing on it (simply because that might look interesting, plus the depth is fun), & I LOVE looking at old family albums (which seems like it would be good inspiration for the first two "Do's").
- Don’t do it about yourself — or your friend — or your family
- Don’t dare photograph yourself nude
- Don’t look at old family albums
- Don’t hand color it
- Don’t write on it
These articles got my head buzzing with deeper, critical thoughts than what I get to enjoy on most days. How about you? Have you discovered something today? Did any of these articles get your creative mind spinning? I'd love to hear about it!