Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Merry Christmas Little Kitten!

With all good intentions, I didn't get little Neko's bed pillowcase made before Christmas, though I don't think she minded.

 Would you believe this case covered this pillow?

I've been making it up out of small balls of leftover yarn (you may recognize some colors from current items in the shop and/or previous projects I've posted about).


I ribbed it in a 2x2 pattern to give it double stretch as I wasn't sure how wide her little box was when I started out.  When I thought I was nearly finished I draped it along the box and realized I was only HALF done, by the needed length.

It fits!  (I folded the pillow in half, like a hamburger)

So she & I had some more fun together, me knitting & watching my latest show or movie, and she chasing & biting at every movement of yarn I made.  :-P  I have to admit I'm a bit ready for that to be over.  She's even taken to the habit of stealing away with the little balls of yarn!


All in all, I think she likes it a fair bit.  :)  I'm sure she'll flatten it down a bit over the next couple weeks.  I hope to paint her little box as well once it gets warmer outside.  


Yay for using up leftovers.  :)

Psst - Don't forget to enter the Giveaway this week!  
You just leave a comment on this post about something you'd like to see in the shop and/or which ear warmer you would prefer to win.  Also if you like my Facebook page, mention it in your comment here for a second entry.  {don't forget to include an email at which to reach you!  & thank you to all those who entered already}  :)

3 comments:

  1. what a cute project! It's amazing how tiny the pillow cover looks in the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I was a little nervous at first (and my husband was skeptical to say the least), but the stretch is amazing & exactly the look I was hoping for. :)

    ps- it's great to see more faces over here. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! That's so sweet! What a charming idea to make a kitty pillow case with bits of yarn!

    Marguerite

    ReplyDelete