- Finally get my Tax/ Incorporation in order. Aka, am I a sole proprietor or LLC? I meet with my uncle who does taxes for a living to figure this out next week. :)
- Commit to at least one show/fair/market per month. Obviously I missed the first three months this year but so far I'm on track to start in April with the Merchant's Landing Show April 12 & 13.
- May - Downtown Toledo Farmer's Market? This is when I premiered my soap savers with Lori last year. I've been thinking about hosting my own booth once a month at the Market but haven't made any progress on this yet. I'm also considering the Perrysburg Farmer's Market.
- June, July, August, Sept - Art Walks
- Oct ?
- Nov - Make It Indie
- Dec - ? I know a lot of people have Christmas craft shows; I just need to find one that feels like a good fit. Feel free to post suggestions in the comments below.
So far my favorite passage is on goals & goal setting (thus inspiring this organized post instead of just a note to self on a scrap piece of paper):
Goals are really amazing things. They give you focus and set your course. [...] Goals support Intentions. By actively working on these goals, the end result will be accomplished. You can use your intentions to make sure you keep your business on track. [...] Your goals should be your friends; they should excite you, and you should look forward to working toward them. Goals are not chores.
Exercise: Make a list of all the goals you've had since you decided to be a creative business owner. Now circle all the goals that you've already accomplished.
Quote from Jolie Guillebeau: "Take small steps consistently. Do something every single day to make a little progress toward your goal."Grow Your Handmade Business - Kari Chapin
Anyone read anything inspiring lately?
Referral + Affiliate links help me bring you valuable content without ads. I recommend products + services that I use myself or that come highly recommended by peers.
Any sponsorships that you see in my sidebar are handpicked by me because I believe in their products + services and think they could benefit you.