Monday, February 3, 2014

Groundhog Weekend 2013

I found this post waiting in my drafts so I thought it was time to resurrect it.  This is the weekend my inventory of wool-ease hats began.

Groundhog Day is not usually a holiday I celebrate very much, but last year we had the opportunity to visit Punxsutawney, PA for their big holiday at the beginning of February.   A friend of ours is from Punxsutawney and invited us to join him and his wife for the roadtrip weekend.  So of course I had to keep busy during the drive...


I brought my remaining stash of thick, wool-ease yarn to see what I could come up with.  I even surprised myself how quickly they whipped up!


Even though I haven't posted many of these hats in the Etsy shop, they sell quite well at all the shows I've done.  I even had a custom order for a pure orange one at the 2013 Make It Indie fair.

After finishing the third (and my favorite) hat, I had an ah-ha moment.  ...


What do you think of a thick, wooly baby (or lap) blanket??  Even though I haven't tried this yet, it is definitely on my to-do list.

2 comments:

  1. I think a blanket would be great.

    Have you seen the blanket SouleMama is working on? I love that idea of making a knitted/crocheted blanket that has the same intention of quilting---using up scraps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Liesl, no I have not! I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

    ReplyDelete