Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Rocky Coast Cardigan


For the past month I have finally committed and allowed myself to knit on a personal project that is all for me (thus why you haven't seen any new projects for the shop here or on Instagram).  I've had the Rocky Coast Cardigan pattern for over a year (last Christmas) and with the gift of some beautiful alpaca yarn, the time felt right to cast on.



As of today, I have frogged it twice: once for too many rows (having miss interpreted the pattern) & second to go up one size.  Yesterday I tried on my cardigan only to discover it fit just a little too snug for my preference :-\

Slipping the sleeves onto my "holders" - aka paper clips

Hopefully third time's the charm...

3 comments:

  1. You can do it! I'm sure it'll turn out beautiful =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do beautiful work! I look forward to seeing the end result of what you're working on now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You aren't alone. My mom bought me a pattern + yarn for me to make a "Where the Wild Things Are" hoodie for myself a few years ago. The yarn is still in the gift box.

    Once I finish up some monster beanies for my mom's shop, I'm going to make myself sit down and work up a gauge swatch so I can get started.

    ReplyDelete