Thursday, May 28, 2015

May Art Walk 2015

This was probably our slowest Art Walk yet - which surprised us!

But then again, this was our first time doing the first Art Walk in May.  There was also a baseball game the same night so we think there were a lot of people there and not walking the blocks.  This is also the first year it has started at 5:30 instead of 6pm.

EJ took a late nap so we didn't get there until 5:20 to set up.  Luckily hubby arrived about 2 minutes after me.  Niki, from Thistle and Bees, was also there by 4:30 with her mom to stake out our usual claim.  Apparently her mom had to inform another participant that she was encroaching... :-P  Which, to me, was a good sign that we had such a great vendor turn out we would have a great customer turn out.  But it was definitely slow to start.

My first two sales were back to back at 6:20pm for a pair of headbands (1 shell-stitch, 1 double-stranded) + another double-stranded headband.

My best seller all week!

Then it was 1 rose shell hat an hour later, more headbands, 1 pair of hot mitts from a repeat customer at 8:40pm and another pair of headbands (8:54p) before we closed up for the night.

We ended up staying the whole time, leaving by 9:15pm instead of 8/:30 like I was originally planning in order to get EJ home for a late bedtime.  Poor girl was finally in bed by 9:45pm (instead of 8pm).  

I'm excited to see what next month brings.  So many people were already talking about coming to next month's since they couldn't make it this time.  Let's hope so!

From the bottom of my heart, thank you to everyone for your support!  Thank you for visiting, shopping, sharing + collaborating with me to make this a reality.  I always close up shop on Cloud 9.  :-)

Next, I'll be posting about the Naturally Crafty Trunk Show I had only TWO DAYS later!  It's definitely a different niche + I loved meeting so many new friends!  What's your favorite part of selling or shopping at a physical art/craft show?

No comments:

Post a Comment