Monday, June 8, 2015

Seeding the Vegetable Garden + A Trip to the Zoo

I'm happy to say the rest of the vegetable garden has been planted + now we wait!


EJ + I planted the bush green beans + bush wax beans after her afternoon nap on Sunday(?).



Then Tuesday we planted the beets + kohlrabi after her one long nap in the afternoon.

You see, we had a very eventful Tuesday morning discovering the newly renovated Toledo Aquarium with our buddies (who only takes 1 afternoon nap so it has been hard for his mama + I to plan a playdate).


EJ handled the skipped morning nap pretty well considering she was rubbing her eyes an hour before we even got to the zoo.  I am so proud + thankful she was such a trooper!  She really enjoyed watching all the sharks + fish swim around behind the glass walls.


She impressed me even more by eating such a decent lunch before finally going down for her nap -- and she was out like a light!  It is so refreshing for both of us when she naps so well :)

So not only did I get to sit outside, enjoy the sun and get boring household paperwork completed, I was feeling motivated to finish planting the garden!

I do relish these "perfect" days -- especially on those not-so-stellar ones.  So I always try to savor the moments + burn them into my memory for future relishing.

What's got you beaming with contentment + pleasure?  Do you remember to savor your "perfect" moments as they occur or do you only notice them upon later reflection?

7 comments:

  1. Doesn't it feel so good to have planting finished? I think we are finished planting for a while, so now it's fun to just water, weed, and wait. Our strawberry plants are about finished producing for this year, and we've been picking lettuce and a few peas. I hope we'll have a bounty of tomatoes in a couple months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of planting flowers together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Allison! So good to hear from you :) It feels like such a relief to have all the planting done! Unfortunately our little strawberry patch wasn't tended this year - and it was trampled with garage residing workers - so we were blessed to have 1 red strawberry this summer. EJ wanted to eat it all - including the stem! Yum, I'll bet that lettuce is sweet, picked so fresh! Looking forward to your garden pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you guys got to check out the zoo. We were able to make it right before our membership expired. They did a great job!

    Glad you got to have a great day =) Those really make things awesome. That's how my Thursday was this week. Helped a friend with errands, then spent the cool evening clearing out debris from the backyard and had a fire =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meghan, Mondays are free to Lucas County residents (fyi)! We should go together sometime :)
    That sounds like an awesome time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unfortunately, I don't count as a Lucas county resident since the address on my driver's license is different =( They won't even accept city of Toledo tax returns as proof I live here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boo! :( Maybe when you get it renewed? I wonder if you could bring a utility bill as proof...

    ReplyDelete